Hi guys, and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post.
I'd like to update you on our Charity venture, and hope you'd like to give your us your support.
We are 28 International Indie Authors who have joined together to write a book of short stories in aid of The MacMillan Nurses Charity Group. The idea came into being from a member of our group who recently suffered a loss, and decided they wanted to do something in honour of that loved one.
The call was put out, the reason explained, and the amount of responses that came in was really something to behold. What started out as one person’s glimmer of an idea snowballed into a book of 28 different stories, and 28 different people pulling together for one common goal: to get that book published, and out on the shelves making money for the MacMillan Nurses as soon as possible.
So, now we have a novel sized book with 28 short stories, all from independently published authors from around the world. The stories are different genres, and all of them different styles. It would make quite the addition to any book lover’s shelf.
Many of you will know who, and what the MacMillan Nurses are and do, but for those that don’t we’d be happy to explain.
There are 3,942 MacMillan Nurses that work with cancer patients, be they man, woman, or child. They work tirelessly to make their patient’s ordeal as smooth and as pain free as possible, whether it’s by taking over medical care, or explaining the medical treatment for easier understanding. They share the joys of a success story, and they share the heartbreak of disabling loss. They are strong men, and women that deserve to be noticed for what they do, after-all, their job has to be the hardest, most emotionally wringing post to hold.
There are also the special individuals who step up and volunteer their time, helping the patient to regain control of their life, be it through obtaining financial aid, or being a pillar of strength for emotional support to both the patient and the immediate family.
More than one in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives, and for most of us it will be the biggest battle we’ll ever have to face. MacMillan Support aims to improve the lives of everyone in the UK that is suffering from any form of cancer, and they want to be sure that no one ever has to face this disease alone.
Please help us to help them to ensure that no one ever has to.
We guarantee that all the funds raised, and we mean every single penny made by this venture, will go into The Pamela Winton Tribute Fund in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support.
So here we are again, putting out a call for help.
Will you help get this deserving charity the money that can fund them to help so many more people?
All of us involved have our reasons for donating our time and work, be it a loved one lost, a loved one battling, or as a way of showing heart-warming sympathy. A few of the authors simply did it because they felt it was the right thing to do for a worthy cause.
Let’s get the word out there people, and see if we can make a difference.
1. A YEAR AFTERWARDS - LESLEY HAYES, author of The Drowned Phoenician Sailor.
2. CLOSURE-BL PRIDE, author of Addiction (Book One, Beyond Life series).
3. COLIN AND SANDY- ANTHONY RANDALL, author of The English Sombrero.
4. ONE OF THOSE DAYS-IAN D MOORE, author of Salby Damned.
5. DOLPHINS DANCE – MIKE BILLINGTON, author of Corpus Delectable.
6. A SPECIAL EVENING - D AVRAHAM, author of The Shepherd King, (Book I: Foundation Stone; and Off-Wire).
7. AT THE HANDS OF THE HEALER-SALLYANN PHILLIPS, author of Angel’s Blood (Book one, of the Angel’s Blood series).
8. DAD – KAYLA HOWARTH, author of The Institute.
9. FOREVER YOURS - CHRISTOPHE FISCHER, author of The Luck of the Weissensteiners (Book 1 of the Three Nations Trilogy).
10. FRUITS -PHYLLIS EDGERLY RING, author of the soon to be published The Munich Girl: A Novel of the Legacies That Outlast War.
11. LILLIES ON THE MANTEL – SYLVA FAE, soon to be published children’s author, Sylvanian Ramblings sylvafae.co.uk
12. GABRIEL - ANDREW UPDEGROVE, author of The Alexandria Project.
13. INSIDE 0UT - PENNY LUKER, author of The Truth Finder.
14. WITCH’S MARK – KATERINA SESTAKOVA NOVOTNA, author of Hawaiian Lei of Shrunken Heads.
15. LOVE'S SILENT ACHE - LISA SHAMBROOK, author of Beneath the Rainbow.
16. GOALS - TOM BENSON, author of A Taste of Honey.
17. IF THE SHOE FITS - KATHARINE E. HAMILTON, author of The Unfading Lands.
18. THE BIRTH – LUCINDA E. CLARKE, author of Amie.
19. LOTTA BLUM - BARBARA DORAN, soon to be published new author. Can be found at www.serendipitydoit.wordpress.com.
20. NEVER TOO OLD-ANGELA LOCKWOOD, author of Language in the Blood.
21. OOH AIR MAGRIT - REBECCA BRYN, author of Touching the Wire.
22. BABES - MAX POWER, author of Darkly a Wood.
23. A STITCH IN TIME - SK HOLMESLEY, author of Autumn Antics.
24. DAY LATE DOLLAR SHORT – ERIC LAHTI, author of Henchmen.
25. LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR – SE MAYER, author of Origins (Book 1 of the Origins Series).
26. NO LONGER BROKEN - NICO LAESER, author of Infinity: An Anonymous Biography & Skin Cage.
27. LAST GOODBYES - PAUL RUDDOCK, author of Not What You Thought.
28. THE YOGA BOWL - FELIPE ADAN LERMA, author of One Night in the Hill Country.
With invaluable help editing and polishing from Diana J Febry author of Bells On Her Toes
Cover Design by Christine Southworth, who has recently been awarded full membership of the Manchester Academy of Fine Arts and the Society of Women Artists, and is exhibiting work at the Mall Galleries for the upcoming SWA annual exhibition. She can be found on Twitter @bearprintstudio. With additional graphic design elements by Nico Laeser.
To pick up your copy and support this amazing venture just click on the author photo picture above. It will take you right to the amazon page you need.
You can also find us on Facebook here:- https://www.facebook.com/yourenotalone2015
Here you can see the tribute fund:- https://macmillan.tributefunds.com/pamela-mary-winton
Where 100% of the royalties earned from the sales in all formats will be placed into for everyone to see.
You will surely find something you like whatever your genre, and it would make a wonderful addition to anyones shelves, but most of all, you'd be helping a worthwhile charity get the money they so rely on to help the amount people that they do.
Best wishes to you all,
I am a wife, mother, and grandmother, and I live in Wales in the U.K.
Sallyann Phillips is an IASD member.
Check out their website for a wonderful choice of Indie authors for you to chose from.